American Progress is seeking a highly motivated, creative professional with a strong communications and organizing background to serve as the Story Bank Campaign Associate for the Center for American Progress Action Fund. CAP Action is an independent, nonpartisan education and advocacy organization dedicated to improving the lives of Americans through ideas and action. CAP Action animates the stakes of political and policy debates by driving new analysis of key issues and existing research that demonstrates the value of progressive solutions and quantifies the true cost of conservative policies. With deep partnerships in Washington, D.C., and across the country, CAP Action arms state and national allies with the tools necessary to promote progressive policies.
- Identify and interview storytellers who have compelling, personal, and diverse stories.
- Cultivate and maintain relationships with storytellers.
- Manage backend of multilayered story bank and data.
- Keep metrics of interactions with storytellers.
- Work with the campaign staff and policy teams to identify and vet stories.
- Work with the Communications and policy teams to identify stories that illustrate policy challenges or solutions.
- Prepare materials related to acquisition and distribution of stories, including but not limited to graphics, digital ads, press stories, congressional testimony, and press conferences.
- Work with the Story Bank Director to create the integrated story bank operation.
- Produce and distribute advocacy materials for the story bank.
- Participate in planning and executing substantive events, rallies, meetings with legislators, and other efforts with the storytellers in Washington, D.C., and across the country.
- Represent CAP Action in partnerships and coalitions with national- and state-level organizations.
- Provide administrative and substantive support to the campaign staff and the Story Bank Director.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
Requirements and qualifications:
- Bachelor’s degree.
- One to three years of work experience in campaigns, field, advocacy, or related fields is preferred.
- Exceptional attention to detail and organizational skills.
- Highly creative, with excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Positive and collaborative attitude towards work.
- Ability to work well with external partners and as part of a team.
- Ability to learn new policy issues quickly. Interest in climate change is a plus.
- Ability to work well within a team under tight deadlines in a fast-paced environment.
- Ability to travel.
- Commitment to the organization’s mission and goals.
This position is part of a bargaining unit represented by IFPTE Local 70.
American Progress provides a competitive compensation and benefits package.
American Progress is an equal opportunity employer; women, minorities, and people with disabilities are encouraged to apply.
E-mail your Word resume and cover letter attachments to: email@example.com.
Or you may write to: Center for American Progress, 1333 H St. NW, 10th Floor, Washington, D.C., 20005.
In your correspondence, please reference the exact title and department of the job you are applying for in the subject line. This announcement will remain posted until the position is filled. No phone calls, please.
Please note that only those individuals whose qualifications match the current needs of this position will be considered applicants and will receive responses from American Progress.
Thank you for your interest in American Progress.
American Progress operates two separate nonprofit organizations to maximize the progressive agenda: the Center for American Progress and the Center for American Progress Action Fund. This job posting refers collectively to the two organizations under the name “American Progress.” The Center for American Progress is a nonpartisan 501(c)(3) tax-exempt research and educational institute. It undertakes research, public education and a limited amount of lobbying. The Center for American Progress Action Fund is a nonpartisan 501(c)(4) tax-exempt organization dedicated to achieving progress through action. It works to transform progressive ideas into policy through rapid-response communications, legislative action, grassroots organizing, political advocacy, and partnerships with other progressive leaders. The organizations share office space and employees.
For more information on the Center for American Progress, please go to www.americanprogress.org. For more information on the Center for American Progress Action Fund, please go to www.americanprogressaction.org.