American Progress has an immediate opening for an Administrative Coordinator. In this role, you will be exposed to an extremely wide range of responsibilities and opportunities. You will help to optimize the Chief Financial Officer (CFO) and the Finance team. You will be exposed to the most sensitive company information that others may not be privy to; discretion is essential. The right individual will be able to quickly break down and track incoming service requests to the CFO and Finance team; ensure timely tracking; and respond and assist with closing the loop to help Finance deliver excellent service to internal and external customers. Over time, you will recognize patterns in routine information requests and begin handling these for the team. You will see this as an opportunity to grow and take on more responsibility that will result in more opportunities for growth and greater responsibility. Your biggest skill will be to just figure it out with the support and guidance of senior team members.
This is a junior role and is best-suited for someone beginning their career. Successful candidates will have an impactful resume reflecting experience in a range of areas and capacities that positions them to take on a broad spectrum of different kinds of responsibilities. Experience with being productive on a fast-paced team or supporting senior managers would be relevant but no particular type of experience is a prerequisite, as the right candidate will be someone who can quickly learn to do things that they have never done before.
Responsibilities include but are not limited to:
- Manage the CFO and Finance team workflow and priorities by managing the schedule and anticipating steps ahead, including the calendar, contact list, phone, and email.
- Prepare for internal and external meetings. When needed, participate directly in meetings and follow up with relevant parties.
- Exercise judgment on priority of messages, meetings, CFO’s tasks, and incoming materials from principals and others.
- Act as liaison between Administration, Technology, and Finance teams; anticipate needs from the Finance team.
- Handle confidential and nonroutine information and matters.
- Make travel arrangements; submit and track internal requests; and organize meetings and group events.
- File, proofread, and edit documents, charts, tables, and graphs.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
Qualifications and requirements:
- Bachelor’s degree is required.
- One to two years administrative experience.
- Thorough knowledge of Microsoft Word, PowerPoint, Excel, and Outlook.
- Strong writing skills.
- Ability to anticipate, prioritize, and organize.
- Excellent interpersonal skills and the ability to remain calm under pressure.
- Willingness and ability to take leadership role among peers in the organization.
American Progress provides a competitive compensation and benefits package.
American Progress is an equal opportunity employer; women, minorities, and people with disabilities are encouraged to apply.
E-mail your Word resume and cover letter attachments to: firstname.lastname@example.org.
Or you may write to: Center for American Progress, 1333 H St. NW, 10th Floor, Washington, D.C., 20005.
In your correspondence, please reference the exact title and department of the job you are applying for in the subject line. This announcement will remain posted until the position is filled. No phone calls, please.
Please note that only those individuals whose qualifications match the current needs of this position will be considered applicants and will receive responses from American Progress.
Thank you for your interest in American Progress.
American Progress operates two separate nonprofit organizations to maximize the progressive agenda: the Center for American Progress and the Center for American Progress Action Fund. This job posting refers collectively to the two organizations under the name “American Progress.” The Center for American Progress is a nonpartisan 501(c)(3) tax-exempt research and educational institute. It undertakes research, public education and a limited amount of lobbying. The Center for American Progress Action Fund is a nonpartisan 501(c)(4) tax-exempt organization dedicated to achieving progress through action. It works to transform progressive ideas into policy through rapid-response communications, legislative action, grassroots organizing, political advocacy, and partnerships with other progressive leaders. The organizations share office space and employees.
For more information on the Center for American Progress, please go to www.americanprogress.org. For more information on the Center for American Progress Action Fund, please go to www.americanprogressaction.org.