American Progress has an immediate opening for an Organizing Associate to join the Generation Progress team. The Organizing Associate will work as part of the youth engagement team at Generation Progress. The position requires efficiently managing a large workflow of diverse projects. A successful Organizing Associate will enjoy detail-oriented work and troubleshooting and be able to adeptly build and manage organizing relationships across a broad coalition.
- Drive and focus events and activities across a range of progressive organizations, advocacy groups, and other stakeholders. This may include organizing a series of events or supporting partner organizations that organize events or actions that further the goals of the campaign.
- Work with the Generation Progress team and coalition to use digital tools to highlight, promote, and strengthen on-the-ground organizing and advocacy efforts.
- Assist in the engagement of borrowers by managing the Generation Progress story bank and tracking engagement with activists in the campaign database.
- Assist with the development of supporting online materials such as toolkits and event guides to further organizing efforts nationwide.
- Assist the Senior Organizing Director in tracking and identifying opportunities to engage in the national conversation on issues that matter to young people, as well as tracking the success of current work and tactics.
- Develop training materials and give trainings as necessary.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
Requirements and qualifications:
- Bachelor’s degree.
- At least two years or two cycles of organizing experience.
- A strong, entrepreneurial self-starter with the motivation to develop creative tactics to engage progressive young people nationwide.
- Strong organizational and project-management skills.
- Strong relationship-building skills, including experience managing or participating in coalition work.
- Proven ability to work under tight deadlines in a fast-paced environment.
- Experience working with nonprofit advocacy or campaigns.
- Commitment to Generation Progress’ mission and goals.
This position is part of a bargaining unit represented by IFPTE Local 70.
American Progress provides a competitive compensation and benefits package.
American Progress is an equal opportunity employer; women, minorities, and people with disabilities are encouraged to apply.
E-mail your Word resume and cover letter attachments to: firstname.lastname@example.org.
Or you may write to: Center for American Progress, 1333 H St. NW, 10th Floor, Washington, D.C., 20005.
In your correspondence, please reference the exact title and department of the job you are applying for in the subject line. This announcement will remain posted until the position is filled. No phone calls, please.
Please note that only those individuals whose qualifications match the current needs of this position will be considered applicants and will receive responses from American Progress.
Thank you for your interest in American Progress.
American Progress operates two separate nonprofit organizations to maximize the progressive agenda: the Center for American Progress and the Center for American Progress Action Fund. This job posting refers collectively to the two organizations under the name “American Progress.” The Center for American Progress is a nonpartisan 501(c)(3) tax-exempt research and educational institute. It undertakes research, public education and a limited amount of lobbying. The Center for American Progress Action Fund is a nonpartisan 501(c)(4) tax-exempt organization dedicated to achieving progress through action. It works to transform progressive ideas into policy through rapid-response communications, legislative action, grassroots organizing, political advocacy, and partnerships with other progressive leaders. The organizations share office space and employees.
For more information on the Center for American Progress, please go to www.americanprogress.org. For more information on the Center for American Progress Action Fund, please go to www.americanprogressaction.org.