American Progress has an immediate opening for an Information Technology (IT) Manager. The position will oversee the Desktop Support and Operations teams, maintaining American Progress’ technology infrastructure and day-to-day customer support and service. Qualified individuals must understand advanced network concepts, security policy, Microsoft Office 365/Azure, Windows Server 2012 domains, Amazon Web Services, and other cloud-based technologies. The IT Manager will interact with internal clients on all levels to help resolve IT-related issues and provides answers in a manner that meets the department’s service-level agreement. The IT Manager will report to the Director of Technology and Security and will manage day-to-day tasks of the seven members of the Desktop Support and Operations teams. This individual will work directly with the Director to identify and implement improvements in all areas of IT responsibility.
- Assure users are provided with efficient and timely support, which requires assisting with any task assigned to the Desktop Support team and ensuring proper after-hours coverage is in place.
- Coordinate staff scheduling to ensure support coverage during normal business hours and on-call support as required.
- Manage the performance evaluations, promotions, hiring, and disciplinary responsibilities of the Desktop Support team.
- Ensure adherence to all IT processes and policies.
- Solve problems and make daily decisions related to the Desktop Support and Operations teams’ responsibilities.
- Manage the coordination of the Desktop Support and Operations teams’ work processes and projects.
- Contribute actively and creatively to the growth and advancement of the teams.
- Manage multiple projects to ensure that deliverables and milestones are reached by the team.
- Use metrics, analysis, and report generation to manage the teams.
- Create and maintain user and computer accounts and systems configurations on a variety of applications and systems, including LAN and remote access services.
- Knowledge of user account administration, including Microsoft Office 365, Active Directory, and other IT platforms; creation and maintenance of user accounts and groups; implementation of file-level and share-level security; and user rights relating to shares and permissions.
- Responsible for the implementation and management of Active Directory, System Center Configuration Manager, and other network infrastructure tools.
- Responsible for managing cloud-based technologies, including Microsoft Dynamics SL, Office 365, OneDrive, and SharePoint, as well as technical resources for Concur, Replicon, and Salesforce for end users.
- Develop and document new and existing procedures or processes that will result in improvements and/or documentation for archival purposes.
- Perform other duties and responsibilities as assigned.
Requirements and qualifications:
- Bachelor’s degree in related field or Microsoft Certified Solutions Expert certification.
- Experience supporting users of Windows and Mac computers and laptops in a Windows network infrastructure of a medium-sized corporate environment.
- Knowledge of IT management and monitoring solutions such as Kaseya CMS, Webroot, and Addigy.
- Must have technical hands-on knowledge in the following areas:
- Microsoft Office 365, Windows Servers, System Center Configuration Manager, OneDrive, and SharePoint
- Windows 8.1 operating system; knowledge of Windows 10 a plus
- Windows Server Update Services, including Microsoft Security and third-party deployment updates
- Mac OS
- Must enjoy working with others and collaborating with various stakeholders.
- At least three years of management experience in a technology customer support or customer service environment.
- Confident and professional manner when dealing with peers and organizational personnel at all levels.
- Ability to effectively communicate complex topics and procedures with team members and all other organizational personnel.
- Attention to detail, organizational skills, time management, and focus.
- Strong time management and prioritization skills when faced with multiple projects.
- Ability to work independently and with minimal direct supervision is necessary.
- Proven knowledge and expertise in administering mission-critical systems in a production environment.
- Ability to work under pressure and tight deadlines in a fast-paced environment.
- Commitment to American Progress’ mission and goals.
Please follow the link below to the online application. When completing the application, be sure to combine your cover letter and resume/CV into one Word or PDF file and upload this combined document. The system does not allow for multiple files.
This announcement will remain posted until the position is filled. No phone calls, please.
Please note that only those individuals whose qualifications match the current needs of this position will be considered applicants and will receive responses from American Progress.
Thank you for your interest in American Progress.
American Progress operates two separate nonprofit organizations to maximize the progressive agenda: the Center for American Progress and the Center for American Progress Action Fund. This job posting refers collectively to the two organizations under the name “American Progress.” The Center for American Progress is a nonpartisan 501(c)(3) tax-exempt research and educational institute. It undertakes research, public education and a limited amount of lobbying. The Center for American Progress Action Fund is a nonpartisan 501(c)(4) tax-exempt organization dedicated to achieving progress through action. It works to transform progressive ideas into policy through rapid-response communications, legislative action, grassroots organizing, political advocacy, and partnerships with other progressive leaders. The organizations share office space and employees.
For more information on the Center for American Progress, please go to www.americanprogress.org. For more information on the Center for American Progress Action Fund, please go to www.americanprogressaction.org.