American Progress has an immediate opening for a Receptionist. This position is a highly visible role serving as the first point of contact for all visitors, guests, and callers to the main reception area. The Receptionist is responsible for a variety of essential administrative tasks that support effective and efficient business operations. These tasks include but are not limited to professionally answering and directing phone calls and greeting, directing, and announcing guests. As part of the Office Services team, the Receptionist will assist with various routine administrative functions on a daily and as-needed basis. The successful candidate must be able to work independently and in a team environment in a fast-paced workplace; interact appropriately with politicians, dignitaries, and other high-profile guests with professionalism and poise; exercise good judgment; and exhibit an unwavering positive demeanor. This position is ideal for a candidate who supports American Progress’ mission and would like to serve the organization on its front lines.
- Greet and announce guests in a professional, friendly, and efficient manner.
- Answer all incoming calls and ensure that phone calls are redirected quickly, accurately, and in accordance with established guidelines.
- Update and distribute phone directories, mail delivery rosters, and floor plans in a timely and accurate manner and according to established guidelines.
- Open and close reception areas, ensuring on-time starts to the workday.
- Process and coordinate American Progress’ catering requests.
- Reconcile American Progress’ petty cash expenses.
- Reconcile the Office Services team’s credit card expenses.
- Manage and maintain calendars for the Office Services team and others as needed and requested.
- Maintain and update the Office Services Confluence knowledge-sharing site.
- Maintain shared databases, including newly formed databases for American Progress’ print subscriptions, internal moves, and new hire desk setups, as well as other databases, department records, and files as assigned and developed.
- Place business card and stationery orders for staff.
- Liaise with the Events team and security provider to request security services for public and private events.
- Liaise with managed security provider for routine office closings.
- Activate and deactivate key fobs and access cards based on employment status and coordinate the guest and visitor fob program.
- Support Facilities team operations by submitting building and facilities requests through the online portal.
- Upload, code, and approve invoices for Office Services.
- Maintain reception area in a clean and orderly fashion.
- Provide administrative support to the Office Services department as needed.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
Requirements and qualifications:
- Excellent phone and front desk etiquette.
- Capacity to interact professionally with all levels of staff, politicians, dignitaries, and interview candidates, among others.
- Demonstrated reliability and a strong work ethic.
- Ability to quickly adapt to changing priorities.
- Capacity to exercise good professional judgment.
- Excellent computer skills, including proficiency in Microsoft Office Suite, especially in Word, Excel and Outlook.
- Exceptional problem-solving skills.
- Excellent organizational skills.
- Ability to work independently and in a team setting.
- Associate or bachelor’s degree in any field.
- One to two years of professional administrative experience, preferably in an office setting.
This position is part of a bargaining unit represented by IFPTE Local 70.
Please follow the link below to the online application. When completing the application, be sure to combine your cover letter and resume/CV into one Word or PDF file and upload this combined document. The system does not allow for multiple files.
This announcement will remain posted until the position is filled. No phone calls, please.
Please note that only those individuals whose qualifications match the current needs of this position will be considered applicants and will receive responses from American Progress.
Thank you for your interest in American Progress.
American Progress operates two separate nonprofit organizations to maximize the progressive agenda: the Center for American Progress and the Center for American Progress Action Fund. This job posting refers collectively to the two organizations under the name “American Progress.” The Center for American Progress is a nonpartisan 501(c)(3) tax-exempt research and educational institute. It undertakes research, public education and a limited amount of lobbying. The Center for American Progress Action Fund is a nonpartisan 501(c)(4) tax-exempt organization dedicated to achieving progress through action. It works to transform progressive ideas into policy through rapid-response communications, legislative action, grassroots organizing, political advocacy, and partnerships with other progressive leaders. The organizations share office space and employees.
For more information on the Center for American Progress, please go to www.americanprogress.org. For more information on the Center for American Progress Action Fund, please go to www.americanprogressaction.org.