American Progress is seeking a Desktop Support Technician intern with the Technology team. The Desktop Support Technician intern will provide technology support and maintain technology systems; identify best practices; and help to develop, execute, and maintain both current and new workflows and processes that strengthen American Progress’ effective use of technology while providing quality service to staff.
- Assist the Technology team in the performance of assigned duties and daily tasks.
- Complete projects that will interact with the administration of Microsoft Office 365 and Windows Active Directory.
- Field American Progress’ user community requests and support calls.
- Enter incoming inventory into American Progress’ inventory management system.
- Assist in provisioning mobile devices and managing their inventory.
- Handle routine desktop support tasks such as user setups, equipment moves, and troubleshooting.
- Provide technical training as required.
- Work alongside other IT staff to solve more complex tasks.
- Document procedures for support tasks.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
Requirements and qualifications:
- Demonstrated interest in technology.
- Excellent written and oral communication skills.
- Excellent listening skills.
- Strong ability to analyze and troubleshoot technical problems.
In order to be considered for an internship with American Progress, please combine the following items into a single .doc or .pdf file; follow the appropriate application link below; upload the single file; and complete the online application. The system does not allow for multiple files. Required materials include:
- Cover letter
- Writing sample of approximately three pages
Please note that only those individuals whose qualifications match the current needs of the organization will be considered applicants and receive responses from American Progress.
American Progress operates two separate nonprofit organizations to maximize the progressive agenda: the Center for American Progress and the Center for American Progress Action Fund. This internship posting refers collectively to the two organizations under the name “American Progress.” The Center for American Progress is a nonpartisan 501(c)(3) tax-exempt research and educational institute. It undertakes research, public education, and a limited amount of lobbying. The Center for American Progress Action Fund is a nonpartisan 501(c)(4) tax-exempt organization dedicated to achieving progress through action. It works to transform progressive ideas into policy through rapid-response communications, legislative action, grassroots organizing, political advocacy, and partnerships with other progressive leaders. The organizations share office space and employees.
American Progress internships are awarded on an equal opportunity basis; women, minorities, and people with disabilities are encouraged to apply.
For more information on the Center for American Progress, please go to www.americanprogress.org. For more information on the Center for American Progress Action Fund, please go to www.americanprogressaction.org.