American Progress has an immediate opening for a Content Manager to join CAP Action’s growing digital team and help build the case for progressive policies, values, and candidates. A strong candidate for this role is a team player who has experience in digital communications and an interest in leveraging email to grow, educate, and engage audiences. American Progress is looking for someone who understands the technical aspects of email marketing and has experience using email to reach and engage different audiences effectively. Candidates should be comfortable brainstorming content ideas and writing compelling copy for video scripts, websites, and email for a variety of progressive issue campaigns and projects.
This person must be a fast learner who is passionate about progressive values, has excellent attention to detail, and is skilled at managing multiple tasks in a demanding and fast-paced environment.
- Manage email strategy and execution for CAP Action, including content planning, audience segmentation and testing, email coding and setup, and building landing pages as needed.
- Draft CAP Action’s daily newsletter, “The Progress Report,” working with digital and communications team leadership to identify key messaging and issue priorities.
- Help develop and maintain CAP Action’s email calendar.
- Track email performance, produce analytics reports, and establish testing strategies in order to optimize our content.
- Help develop and execute acquisition efforts, managing outside vendors as needed.
- Collaborate with the communications, policy, and creative teams to translate policy ideas into engaging email copy, video scripts, and other content formats.
- Draft website copy for microsites and the CAP Action website.
- Draft compelling video scripts optimized for distribution on Facebook, Twitter, and Youtube.
- Work closely with the digital, communications, story bank, and campaigns teams to ensure that content is tailored to target audiences.
- Help brainstorm innovative and creative digital content ideas that help move the needle on American Progress’ core fights and resonate with our target audiences.
Requirements and qualifications:
- At least three to five years of professional experience in email marketing or digital communications, ideally at a nonprofit, public policy, or political organization.
- Excellent writer with strong proofreading skills and sound editorial and ethical judgment.
- Familiarity with EveryAction, Blue State Digital, MailChimp, Constant Contact, and/or other email marketing platforms.
- Knowledge of email design best practices.
- Familiarity with WordPress and/or similar content management systems.
- Well-versed in email and website metrics reporting, with experience tracking and using metrics to inform strategy.
- Detail-oriented with an ability to juggle multiple projects for different stakeholders, oftentimes in rapid-response or high-pressure situations.
- A solid understanding of progressive values and policies and how they intersect with the news.
- Creative with a commitment to innovation and experimentation.
- Open to developing new skills as needed.
- A positive team player with a passion for progressive change.
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent work experience.
American Progress offers full and competitive benefit packages. Candidates from diverse backgrounds are strongly encouraged to apply.
This position is part of a bargaining unit represented by IFPTE Local 70.
Please follow the link below to the online application. When completing the application, be sure to combine your cover letter and resume/CV into one Word or PDF file and upload this combined document. The system does not allow for multiple files.
This announcement will remain posted until the position is filled. No phone calls, please.
Please note that only those individuals whose qualifications match the current needs of this position will be considered applicants and will receive responses from American Progress.
Thank you for your interest in American Progress.
American Progress operates two separate nonprofit organizations to maximize the progressive agenda: the Center for American Progress and the Center for American Progress Action Fund. This job posting refers collectively to the two organizations under the name “American Progress.” The Center for American Progress is a nonpartisan 501(c)(3) tax-exempt research and educational institute. It undertakes research, public education and a limited amount of lobbying. The Center for American Progress Action Fund is a nonpartisan 501(c)(4) tax-exempt organization dedicated to achieving progress through action. It works to transform progressive ideas into policy through rapid-response communications, legislative action, grassroots organizing, political advocacy, and partnerships with other progressive leaders. The organizations share office space and employees.
For more information on the Center for American Progress, please go to www.americanprogress.org. For more information on the Center for American Progress Action Fund, please go to www.americanprogressaction.org.