American Progress has an immediate opening for a Desktop Support Lead Technician to manage and maintain technology support and best practices. The technician will help develop, execute, and maintain workflows and processes that strengthen the organization’s effective use of technology while providing high-quality service to American Progress employees.
- Assist in leading team in the performance of daily tasks and projects.
- Serve as technical lead for IT Helpdesk.
- Help administer endpoint and user management systems such as Active Directory, Addigy, and Office 365.
- Work closely with the IT Manager and implement measures to advance the service quality as well as gather key metrics to measure performance of the IT Desktop Support team.
- Work closely with the IT Manager to evaluate documented resolutions and analyze trends for ways to prevent future problems and improve performance.
- Field American Progress’ user community requests and emergency support calls.
- Help deploy security updates and operating system images using Addigy, SmartDeploy, or other solutions.
- Ensure proper use of American Progress’ inventory management system.
- Assist with provisioning mobile devices and managing their inventory.
- Handle routine desktop support tasks such as user setups, equipment moves, and troubleshooting.
- Act as an escalation point for desktop support tasks and issues.
- Provide technical training to users and technical staff.
- Work alongside other IT team members to solve more complex support tasks and implement projects.
- Document procedures for support tasks.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent, preferred.
- Two to three years of experience in desktop and/or help desk support.
- Two years of experience supporting and maintaining workstations in Active Directory environment.
- Excellent written and oral communication skills.
- Excellent listening skills.
- Strong leadership skills.
- Strong ability to analyze and troubleshoot technical problems.
- Focus on documentation and attention to detail.
- Experience with Office 365 and Azure.
- Experience supporting users via remote assistance.
- Advanced macOS support experience highly desirable.
- Microsoft certification(s) .
- Microsoft Active Directory, O365, G Suite.
- Windows and macOS laptops and desktops.
- COTS technology and AV in conferencing rooms.
This position is part of a bargaining unit represented by IFPTE Local 70.
This position is budgeted at $60,000.
Please follow the link below to the online application. When completing the application, be sure to combine your cover letter and resume/CV into one Word or PDF file and upload this combined document. The system does not allow for multiple files.
This announcement will remain posted until the position is filled. No phone calls, please.
Please note that only those individuals whose qualifications match the current needs of this position will be considered applicants and will receive responses from American Progress.
Thank you for your interest in American Progress.
American Progress operates two separate nonprofit organizations to maximize the progressive agenda: the Center for American Progress and the Center for American Progress Action Fund. This job posting refers collectively to the two organizations under the name “American Progress.” The Center for American Progress is a nonpartisan 501(c)(3) tax-exempt research and educational institute. It undertakes research, public education and a limited amount of lobbying. The Center for American Progress Action Fund is a nonpartisan 501(c)(4) tax-exempt organization dedicated to achieving progress through action. It works to transform progressive ideas into policy through rapid-response communications, legislative action, grassroots organizing, political advocacy, and partnerships with other progressive leaders. The organizations share office space and employees.
For more information on the Center for American Progress, please go to www.americanprogress.org. For more information on the Center for American Progress Action Fund, please go to www.americanprogressaction.org.