American Progress has an immediate opening for a Social Media Associate to write and edit content for social media platforms, including Facebook, Twitter, and Instagram. The Social Media Associate will work in collaboration with policy teams to drive progressive conversations, inform and educate the public on progressive issues and solutions, and grow American Progress’ online audience through social media platforms. Social media experience, strong news sensibilities, familiarity with digital tools, and attention to detail are a must.
- Closely monitor the news and American Progress’ products to identify social media opportunities.
- Draft and edit social media posts for all platforms.
- Post social media content, report back on results, and identify opportunities for improvement.
- Maintain and develop strategies for growing American Progress’ Facebook, Instagram, and Twitter audiences.
- Track paid promotions, spending, and results to report back to teams.
Requirements and qualifications:
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent work experience.
- Two to five years of working in social media or in a digital communications environment.
- Solid understanding of progressive values and politics and how they intersect with the news.
- An active social media presence is preferred.
- Strong writing, editing, and proofreading skills.
- Sound editorial and ethical judgment.
- Detail oriented with an ability to juggle multiple pieces with different deadlines in a given day.
- Familiarity with platform-specific analytics and TweetDeck, Sprout Social, or similar programs is preferred.
This position is part of a bargaining unit represented by IFPTE Local 70.
Please follow the link below to the online application. When completing the application, be sure to combine your cover letter and resume/CV into one Word or PDF file and upload this combined document. The system does not allow for multiple files.
This announcement will remain posted until the position is filled. No phone calls, please.
Please note that only those individuals whose qualifications match the current needs of this position will be considered applicants and will receive responses from American Progress.
Thank you for your interest in American Progress.
American Progress operates two separate nonprofit organizations to maximize the progressive agenda: the Center for American Progress and the Center for American Progress Action Fund. This job posting refers collectively to the two organizations under the name “American Progress.” The Center for American Progress is a nonpartisan 501(c)(3) tax-exempt research and educational institute. It undertakes research, public education and a limited amount of lobbying. The Center for American Progress Action Fund is a nonpartisan 501(c)(4) tax-exempt organization dedicated to achieving progress through action. It works to transform progressive ideas into policy through rapid-response communications, legislative action, grassroots organizing, political advocacy, and partnerships with other progressive leaders. The organizations share office space and employees.
For more information on the Center for American Progress, please go to www.americanprogress.org. For more information on the Center for American Progress Action Fund, please go to www.americanprogressaction.org.