American Progress is seeking a highly motivated and organized professional with a strong advocacy and organizing background to serve as the Campaign Associate for the Center for American Progress Action Fund. CAP Action is an independent, nonpartisan education and advocacy organization dedicated to improving the lives of Americans through ideas, stories, and action. CAP Action animates the stakes of political and policy debates by driving new analysis, messaging, and personal stories of key issues that demonstrate the value of progressive solutions and quantify the true cost of conservative policies.
- Supports the development and execution of advocacy campaigns promoting progressive policy narratives and themes.
- Collaborates with the Communications, Digital Strategy, and Story Bank teams, as well as various research teams, to develop and distribute advocacy materials and key messaging, including issue analyses, fact sheets, talking points, video content, and campaign strategies.
- Participates in planning and executing substantive events, briefings, and meetings with legislators, political candidates, and partners.
- Represents CAP Action in partnerships and coalitions with national and state-level organizations and manages partner relationships and communication.
- Supports engagement with political candidates and elected officials in strategic messaging and advocacy activities.
- Tracks and analyzes the performance of CAP Action activities and materials.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
Requirements and qualifications:
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent experience.
- At least two years of work experience in campaigns, advocacy, or related fields is preferred.
- Experience working on state or local elections is a plus.
- A proven track record of collaborating with external stakeholders and allies.
- Ability to develop and maintain relationships with state, local, and national partners.
- Exceptional attention to detail and organizational skills.
- The ability to multitask and set priorities under tight deadlines.
- Strong interpersonal skills and the ability to work on a team and across organizations.
- Highly creative, with excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Ability to travel.
- Commitment to the organization’s mission and goals.
This position is part of a bargaining unit represented by IFPTE Local 70.
Please follow the link below to the online application. When completing the application, be sure to combine your cover letter and resume/CV into one Word or PDF file and upload this combined document. The system does not allow for multiple files.
This announcement will remain posted until the position is filled. No phone calls, please.
Please note that only those individuals whose qualifications match the current needs of this position will be considered applicants and will receive responses from American Progress.
Thank you for your interest in American Progress.
American Progress operates two separate nonprofit organizations to maximize the progressive agenda: the Center for American Progress and the Center for American Progress Action Fund. This job posting refers collectively to the two organizations under the name “American Progress.” The Center for American Progress is a nonpartisan 501(c)(3) tax-exempt research and educational institute. It undertakes research, public education and a limited amount of lobbying. The Center for American Progress Action Fund is a nonpartisan 501(c)(4) tax-exempt organization dedicated to achieving progress through action. It works to transform progressive ideas into policy through rapid-response communications, legislative action, grassroots organizing, political advocacy, and partnerships with other progressive leaders. The organizations share office space and employees.
For more information on the Center for American Progress, please go to www.americanprogress.org. For more information on the Center for American Progress Action Fund, please go to www.americanprogressaction.org.