American Progress has an immediate opening for a Research Assistant for Public Lands to conduct research and analysis related to land, water, and wildlife policy. The ideal candidate will have strong writing skills, an attention to detail, and familiarity with energy and environmental policy.
Responsibilities include but are not limited to the following:
- Conduct and support research and analysis on conservation and energy issues in coordination with American Progress’ Energy and Environment team.
- Help develop a range of written products to influence the policy debate on public lands, including memos, reports, rapid-response statements, op-eds, and social media.
- Perform light administrative duties, such as helping track publications and timelines and coordinating meetings.
- Develop expertise in assigned areas of responsibility.
- Complete other duties as assigned.
Requirements and qualifications:
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent related experience.
- At least one year of professional experience in energy and/or environmental policy.
- Ability to work under tight deadlines in a team setting.
- Excellent research and analytical skills.
- Strong verbal and written communication skills.
This position is part of a bargaining unit represented by IFPTE Local 70. This position is budgeted for $46K.
Please follow the link below to the online application. When completing the application, be sure to combine your cover letter and resume/CV into one Word or PDF file and upload this combined document. The system does not allow for multiple files.
This announcement will remain posted until the position is filled. No phone calls, please.
Please note that only those individuals whose qualifications match the current needs of this position will be considered applicants and will receive responses from American Progress.
Thank you for your interest in American Progress.
American Progress operates two separate nonprofit organizations to maximize the progressive agenda: the Center for American Progress and the Center for American Progress Action Fund. This job posting refers collectively to the two organizations under the name “American Progress.” The Center for American Progress is a nonpartisan 501(c)(3) tax-exempt research and educational institute. It undertakes research, public education and a limited amount of lobbying. The Center for American Progress Action Fund is a nonpartisan 501(c)(4) tax-exempt organization dedicated to achieving progress through action. It works to transform progressive ideas into policy through rapid-response communications, legislative action, grassroots organizing, political advocacy, and partnerships with other progressive leaders. The organizations share office space and employees.
For more information on the Center for American Progress, please go to www.americanprogress.org. For more information on the Center for American Progress Action Fund, please go to www.americanprogressaction.org.