American Progress has an immediate opening for a Motion Graphics Editor to join a growing creative team with the CAP Action War Room. The War Room’s mission is to develop innovative and compelling video and graphic content that builds the emotional and visual case for progressive policies, values, and candidates.
Ideal applicants will have the ability to envision and create compelling video content. The public is more overwhelmed than ever, and CAP Action seeks to bring on a Motion Graphics Editor with a deep understanding of how to create, optimize, and organize video content that will break through the clutter and grab people’s attention. A strong candidate for this role will have the technical skills and strategic perspective to produce, edit, and manage video projects for all digital platforms, with an emphasis on optimizing content for Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, and YouTube. This is a limited-term position funded through December 1, 2020.
- Project manage, optimize, and execute video projects that advance CAP Action’s strategic goals.
- Work with CAP Action’s leadership team and American Progress policy teams to advance advocacy goals by using video content to translate complex ideas into digestible, shareable messages.
- Catalog production releases, process invoices, and pull data for reports.
- Identify opportunities to repackage and recut existing footage that fits into current CAP Action campaigns and allows the team to better capitalize on rapid-response opportunities.
- Optimize and test versions of CAP Action video products for Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, and YouTube in order to maximize key performance indicators including video views, shares, click-throughs, and email acquisition.
- Edit, animate, and subtitle rapid-response and storyteller videos.
- Work with the broader digital creative team on video script writing.
- Work closely with the broader Digital Strategy and Communications teams to ensure that content is tailored to the platforms and target audiences for priority campaigns.
- Stay up to date on the latest trends and best practices in video.
Requirements and qualifications:
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent experience.
- At least five to seven years of professional experience editing and producing video content for a major political, advocacy, or news organization.
- Extensive experience working in Adobe Creative Cloud, including Premiere, After Effects, Photoshop, and Illustrator. Proficiency in After Effects is a must.
- Outstanding project management skills and proficiency in Microsoft Excel.
- The ability to conceptually and creatively visualize news content.
- Solid understanding of progressive values and policies and how they intersect with the news.
- Strong writing and proofreading skills.
- Sound editorial and ethical judgment.
- Familiarity with HTML and Cascading Style Sheets is preferred.
- Creative with a commitment to innovation and experimentation.
- Detail oriented with an ability to juggle multiple projects for different stakeholders.
- Positive team player with a passion for progressive change.
- Collaborative and open to developing new skills as needed.
American Progress offers full and competitive benefit packages. Candidates from diverse backgrounds are strongly encouraged to apply.
Please follow the link below to the online application. When completing the application, be sure to combine your cover letter and resume/CV into one Word or PDF file and upload this combined document. The system does not allow for multiple files.
This announcement will remain posted until the position is filled. No phone calls, please.
Please note that only those individuals whose qualifications match the current needs of this position will be considered applicants and will receive responses from American Progress.
Thank you for your interest in American Progress.
American Progress operates two separate nonprofit organizations to maximize the progressive agenda: the Center for American Progress and the Center for American Progress Action Fund. This job posting refers collectively to the two organizations under the name “American Progress.” The Center for American Progress is a nonpartisan 501(c)(3) tax-exempt research and educational institute. It undertakes research, public education and a limited amount of lobbying. The Center for American Progress Action Fund is a nonpartisan 501(c)(4) tax-exempt organization dedicated to achieving progress through action. It works to transform progressive ideas into policy through rapid-response communications, legislative action, grassroots organizing, political advocacy, and partnerships with other progressive leaders. The organizations share office space and employees.
For more information on the Center for American Progress, please go to www.americanprogress.org. For more information on the Center for American Progress Action Fund, please go to www.americanprogressaction.org.