The Center for American Progress Action Fund seeks a highly motivated temporary Research Assistant to help develop compelling and effective content that can help achieve CAP Action’s organizational goals. The Research Assistant will assist with the development of original research projects and execute daily rapid-response content to create accountability around President Donald Trump’s policies and advocate for progressive policy alternatives.
The ideal candidate will possess a curiosity to explore loose threads and the discipline to remain focused on existing priorities. The Research Assistant will be collaborative and able to work across the War Room team and with multiple other teams as warranted. CAP Action is also looking for candidates who are able to demonstrate significant initiative to generate and execute ideas. This is a limited-term position through December 31, 2020.
- Work with the Research Director and CAP Action War Room to develop research products along with daily rapid response that can help advance the organization’s mission and goals, and work closely with the Communications and Digital Strategy teams to develop compelling content.
- Curate public research, particularly regarding corruption, deception, and incompetence within the Trump administration and among its allies in Congress.
- Support potential rapid-response opportunities with timely research products and social media responses.
- Coordinate with allies to ensure the CAP Action’s work is aligned and not duplicative, while also working with War Room colleagues to amplify rapid-response work.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
Requirements and qualifications:
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent experience.
- Six months to one year of experience working on campaigns and/or in government.
- Proven ability to juggle multiple projects and priorities while still meeting deadlines.
- Attention to detail and thorough and reliable.
- Familiarity with key public databases and other tools for conducting necessary analyses.
- Deep commitment to progressive values and politics.
- Proven success collaborating and communicating with various teams to achieve goals.
- Strong writing, editing, and proofreading skills.
- Ability to organize and distill findings for effective leadership decision-making.
- Focus on possibilities and not obstacles.
- Ability to work in a fast-paced, deadline-oriented environment.
- Demonstrated aptitude at being self-sufficient and self-directed.
This position is part of a bargaining unit represented by IFPTE Local 70 and is budgeted for $46,000. American Progress offers full and competitive benefit packages. Candidates from diverse backgrounds are strongly encouraged to apply.
Please follow the link below to the online application. When completing the application, be sure to combine your cover letter and resume/CV into one Word or PDF file and upload this combined document. The system does not allow for multiple files.
This announcement will remain posted until the position is filled. No phone calls, please.
Please note that only those individuals whose qualifications match the current needs of this position will be considered applicants and will receive responses from American Progress.
Thank you for your interest in American Progress.
American Progress operates two separate nonprofit organizations to maximize the progressive agenda: the Center for American Progress and the Center for American Progress Action Fund. This job posting refers collectively to the two organizations under the name “American Progress.” The Center for American Progress is a nonpartisan 501(c)(3) tax-exempt research and educational institute. It undertakes research, public education and a limited amount of lobbying. The Center for American Progress Action Fund is a nonpartisan 501(c)(4) tax-exempt organization dedicated to achieving progress through action. It works to transform progressive ideas into policy through rapid-response communications, legislative action, grassroots organizing, political advocacy, and partnerships with other progressive leaders. The organizations share office space and employees.
For more information on the Center for American Progress, please go to www.americanprogress.org. For more information on the Center for American Progress Action Fund, please go to www.americanprogressaction.org.