American Progress has an immediate opening for a Senior Data/Systems Analyst. The position will take an active role in the execution of key business development activities. The candidate will perform technical administration duties for data warehouse development and maintenance. The technical responsibilities include designing, developing, and maintaining business intelligence solutions.
Responsibilities include, but are not limited to, the following:
- Design and develop enterprise and departmental business intelligence and data warehousing solutions.
- Collaborate with project leads, business analysts, end users, and third-party contacts to design, implement, and test data warehouse applications.
- Design, test, and implement business intelligence solutions, including dashboards, drill-down and drill-through paths, and reports within Power BI and other tools.
- Enhance and automate existing reporting efforts.
- Document analytical methodologies used in the execution of analytical request projects.
- Work with IT project teams on analytics solutions migrating to IT-supported production solutions.
- Support and improve production data integration system and environment.
- Train and communicate to staff on changes and enhancements to enterprise systems.
- Research current and emerging business intelligence technologies in support of reporting needs.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
Requirements and qualifications:
- Bachelor’s degree, preferably in computer science, math, or design.
- Five or more years of hands-on experience in data warehousing or business intelligence.
- Three or more years of hands-on experience in design and implementation of ETL framework for complex data warehouse projects.
- Experience with integration of software as a service platforms and business intelligence reporting tools such as Workato, Power BI, Salesforce, Unanet, Concur, and others.
- Experience in working with SQL Server and other database technologies.
- Ability to document and understand process maps, data modeling, and data flow diagrams.
- Experience with management and documentation tools such as Jira and Confluence, and diagramming tools such as Visio or Gliffy.
- Project management experience is a plus.
- Understanding of and/or prior experience working for nonprofits organizations is a plus.
- Commitment to the value and ideas advanced by American Progress.
- Ability to think creatively and critically with a knack for accuracy and attention to detail.
- Ability to work with large amounts of information and see the bigger picture to deliver results with aggressive timelines.
- Excellent written and communication skills.
- Excellent organizational, time, and project management skills.
- Motivated, self-driven, and fast learner with the ability to keep up to date with fast-changing trends.
American Progress offers a full and competitive benefit package. Candidates from diverse backgrounds are strongly encouraged to apply.
Please follow the link below to the online application. When completing the application, be sure to combine your cover letter and resume/CV into one Word or PDF file and upload this combined document. The system does not allow for multiple files.
This announcement will remain posted until the position is filled. No phone calls, please.
Please note that only those individuals whose qualifications match the current needs of this position will be considered applicants and will receive responses from American Progress.
Thank you for your interest in American Progress.
American Progress operates two separate nonprofit organizations to maximize the progressive agenda: the Center for American Progress and the Center for American Progress Action Fund. This job posting refers collectively to the two organizations under the name “American Progress.” The Center for American Progress is a nonpartisan 501(c)(3) tax-exempt research and educational institute. It undertakes research, public education and a limited amount of lobbying. The Center for American Progress Action Fund is a nonpartisan 501(c)(4) tax-exempt organization dedicated to achieving progress through action. It works to transform progressive ideas into policy through rapid-response communications, legislative action, grassroots organizing, political advocacy, and partnerships with other progressive leaders. The organizations share office space and employees.
For more information on the Center for American Progress, please go to www.americanprogress.org. For more information on the Center for American Progress Action Fund, please go to www.americanprogressaction.org.