The Center for American Progress Action Fund Climate Power team has an immediate opening for a Deputy Digital Director to help build and support the execution of the team’s digital communications and organizing strategies. The Deputy Digital Director will oversee the department’s paid media and audience development efforts, assist in managing vendor contracts and external relationships, and act as a key partner to the Senior Digital Director.
Climate Power will use hard-hitting research, polling, earned media, paid media, and creative digital content to build the political will and public support needed for climate action in 2021. The team will elevate the threat of climate change to spur a national conversation on solutions; embolden leaders to take immediate, bold climate policy action; and wage an offensive campaign against climate deniers and their fossil fuel industry backers.
Climate Power is an independently run project created by the Center for American Progress Action Fund, League of Conservation Voters, and Sierra Club. Climate Power is focused on driving aggressive digital and communications strategies to build the political will and public support needed for bold climate action.
- Support the Senior Digital Director in strategy development, managing department budget, operations, and personnel.
- Supervise audience development strategies and support digital teams in meeting growth and acquisition goals.
- Lead the organization’s paid media efforts and work closely with internal and external partners to execute those efforts.
- Manage the department’s reporting and analytics program.
- Support the digital organizing and partnerships team with influencer and surrogate programming to advance the organization’s audience development goals.
- Manage vendor relationships ranging from paid media partners to analytics firms.
- Process contracts and ensure timely payment of vendor invoices.
- Perform other tasks and responsibilities as assigned by the Senior Digital Director.
Requirements and qualifications:
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent work experience.
- At least eight years of professional experience in paid media, marketing, or digital communications, ideally at a nonprofit, public policy, or political organization.
- Demonstrated experience developing and implementing audience development strategies.
- A deep understanding of the social media landscape and how news and information moves online.
- Excellent writer with strong proofreading skills and sound editorial and ethical judgment.
- Detail-oriented with an ability to juggle multiple projects for different stakeholders, often in rapid-response or high-pressure situations.
- A solid understanding of progressive values and policies and how they intersect with the news.
- Creative with a commitment to innovation and experimentation.
- Open to developing new skills as needed.
- A positive team player with a passion for progressive change.
This position offers a full and competitive salary and benefits package. Candidates from diverse backgrounds are strongly encouraged to apply. This is a temporary position funded through March 31, 2021.
Please follow the link below to the online application. When completing the application, be sure to combine your cover letter and resume/CV into one Word or PDF file and upload this combined document. The system does not allow for multiple files.
This announcement will remain posted until the position is filled. No phone calls, please.
Please note that only those individuals whose qualifications match the current needs of this position will be considered applicants and will receive responses from American Progress.
Thank you for your interest in American Progress.
American Progress operates two separate nonprofit organizations to maximize the progressive agenda: the Center for American Progress and the Center for American Progress Action Fund. This job posting refers collectively to the two organizations under the name “American Progress.” The Center for American Progress is a nonpartisan 501(c)(3) tax-exempt research and educational institute. It undertakes research, public education and a limited amount of lobbying. The Center for American Progress Action Fund is a nonpartisan 501(c)(4) tax-exempt organization dedicated to achieving progress through action. It works to transform progressive ideas into policy through rapid-response communications, legislative action, grassroots organizing, political advocacy, and partnerships with other progressive leaders. The organizations share office space and employees.
For more information on the Center for American Progress, please go to www.americanprogress.org. For more information on the Center for American Progress Action Fund, please go to www.americanprogressaction.org.