With Americans facing an increasing onslaught of news and media content, it has never been more important to amplify progressive policies and build up the necessary communications infrastructure to break through the noise and reach key audiences—and CAP Action is committed to leading the way.
American Progress has an immediate opening for a Director of Partnerships to join the CAP Action War Room’s amplification and distribution efforts to build the case for progressive policies and values. With Americans facing a greater onslaught of news and media content than ever before, it has never been more important to build hyper-targeted strategies to break through the clutter and reach key audiences.
A strong candidate for this role will work as part of a team that builds relationships across the progressive media landscape—both political and otherwise—in order to promote messaging and content and ultimately improve the performance of progressives online and help to close the engagement gap on progressive content. They will have a keen understanding of how content gets disseminated across digital platforms and a familiarity with progressive influencers and accounts. The Director of Partnership’s responsibilities include developing the strategy for and managing a team that builds partner relationships and identifies and pursues opportunities on new platforms.
This is a full-time position funded through March 2022.
- In partnership with the Senior Director of Strategic Partnerships, develop a strategic plan to identify, track, cultivate, and strengthen CAP Action’s external relationships.
- Identify opportunities for collaboration and/or engagement for CAP Action and its partners, including pitching content for promotion on social media, video collaborations, messaging strategy, and more.
- Manage team members at the manager and associate levels.
- Oversee and manage day-to-day execution of CAP Action’s digital coordination efforts, including email updates, Twitter direct message groups, and Slack conversations.
- Work closely with the Digital Strategy, Communications, and Story Bank teams to ensure that content is tailored to the platforms and audiences that CAP Action is trying to reach.
- Monitor online trends in order to identify opportunities for CAP Action or partner engagement.
- Working with the Senior Director of Strategic Partnerships, develop clear goals and track and report out on metrics and progress.
- Stay up to date on the latest trends and best practices for digital content distribution.
Requirements and qualifications:
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent work experience.
- At least eight years of professional experience in social media, audience development, and/or digital content creation.
- Previously demonstrated team leadership skills and a high level of competency in a supervisory/management role.
- Strong relationships within the progressive movement are a plus.
- Expert networking skills.
- Proactive and a self-starter.
- Political experience on a campaign or with an advocacy group or nonprofit is a plus.
- Solid understanding of progressive values and policies and how they intersect with the news.
- Detail-oriented with the ability to juggle multiple projects for different stakeholders, often in rapid-response or high-pressure situations.
- Familiarity with Facebook Insights, Twitter analytics, and other social listening tools.
- Creative and committed to innovation and experimentation.
- Open to developing new skills as needed.
- A positive team player with a passion for progressive change.
American Progress offers full and competitive benefits packages. Candidates from diverse backgrounds are strongly encouraged to apply. This position has a starting salary of $90,000.
Please follow the link below to the online application. When completing the application, be sure to combine your cover letter and resume/CV into one Word or PDF file and upload this combined document. The system does not allow for multiple files.
This announcement will remain posted until the position is filled. No phone calls, please.
Please note that only those individuals whose qualifications match the current needs of this position will be considered applicants and will receive responses from American Progress.
Thank you for your interest in American Progress.
American Progress operates two separate nonprofit organizations to maximize the progressive agenda: the Center for American Progress and the Center for American Progress Action Fund. This job posting refers collectively to the two organizations under the name “American Progress.” The Center for American Progress is a nonpartisan 501(c)(3) tax-exempt research and educational institute. It undertakes research, public education and a limited amount of lobbying. The Center for American Progress Action Fund is a nonpartisan 501(c)(4) tax-exempt organization dedicated to achieving progress through action. It works to transform progressive ideas into policy through rapid-response communications, legislative action, grassroots organizing, political advocacy, and partnerships with other progressive leaders. The organizations share office space and employees.
For more information on the Center for American Progress, please go to www.americanprogress.org. For more information on the Center for American Progress Action Fund, please go to www.americanprogressaction.org.