With Americans facing an increasing onslaught of news and media content, it has never been more important to amplify progressive policies and build up the necessary communications infrastructure to break through the noise and reach key audiences—and American Progress is committed to leading the way.
American Progress has an immediate opening for a Partnerships Associate to join the War Room’s amplification and distribution efforts to build the case for progressive policies and values.
A strong candidate for this role will work as part of a team that builds relationships across the progressive media landscape—both political and otherwise—in order to promote messaging and content and ultimately improve the performance of progressives online and help to close the engagement gap on progressive content. They will have a keen understanding of how content gets disseminated across digital platforms and a familiarity with progressive influencers and accounts. The Partnerships Associate’s responsibilities include helping to develop the strategy for building partner relationships and identifying and pursuing opportunities on new platforms.
This is a full-time position funded through July 2022.
- Help identify, track, cultivate, and strengthen American Progress’ digital partnerships.
- Identify opportunities for collaboration and/or engagement between American Progress and its partners, including pitching content for promotion on social media, video collaborations, messaging strategy, and more.
- Develop detailed partner-facing creative briefs, outlining full creative direction, scope of work, usage, deliverables, etc.
- Schedule and lead kickoff calls with partners and maintain creative facilitation throughout the program.
- Identify emerging talent across various social media platforms such as Facebook, Instagram, YouTube, and TikTok.
- Account manage specified partnerships, serving as the lead point of contact and ensuring a strong relationship is established, as well as a robust performance management framework to support each partner’s objectives and key performance indicators.
- Report on progress both in terms of work pipeline and performance of completed work.
- Create and maintain rosters of partners to facilitate coordination requests in a timely manner.
- Support the Director of Partnerships with research and special projects.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
Requirements and qualifications:
- At least two years of professional experience in social media, audience development, or talent/account management.
- Encyclopedic knowledge of influencers across lifestyle, culture, and political verticals.
- Familiarity with the influencer talent community (agents, managers, publicists, labels, studios, networks, etc.)
- Expert networking skills.
- Proactive and a self-starter.
- Solid understanding of progressive values and policies and how they intersect with the news and culture.
- Detail-oriented with the ability to juggle multiple projects for different stakeholders, often in rapid-response or high-pressure situations.
- Creative and committed to innovation and experimentation.
- Open to developing new skills as needed.
- A positive team player with a passion for progressive change.
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent work experience.
American Progress offers full and competitive benefits packages. Candidates from diverse backgrounds are strongly encouraged to apply. This position has a starting salary of $50,000.
Please follow the link below to the online application. When completing the application, be sure to combine your cover letter and resume/CV into one Word or PDF file and upload this combined document. The system does not allow for multiple files.
This announcement will remain posted until the position is filled. No phone calls, please.
Please note that only those individuals whose qualifications match the current needs of this position will be considered applicants and will receive responses from American Progress.
Thank you for your interest in American Progress.
American Progress operates two separate nonprofit organizations to maximize the progressive agenda: the Center for American Progress and the Center for American Progress Action Fund. This job posting refers collectively to the two organizations under the name “American Progress.” The Center for American Progress is a nonpartisan 501(c)(3) tax-exempt research and educational institute. It undertakes research, public education and a limited amount of lobbying. The Center for American Progress Action Fund is a nonpartisan 501(c)(4) tax-exempt organization dedicated to achieving progress through action. It works to transform progressive ideas into policy through rapid-response communications, legislative action, grassroots organizing, political advocacy, and partnerships with other progressive leaders. The organizations share office space and employees.
For more information on the Center for American Progress, please go to www.americanprogress.org. For more information on the Center for American Progress Action Fund, please go to www.americanprogressaction.org.