Last updated: June 11, 2013
2. About CAP Action; Purpose of Americanprogressaction.org. CAP Action is a nonpartisan, tax-exempt research and educational institute dedicated to promoting a strong, just and freeAmerica that ensures opportunity for all. We believe Americans are bound together by a common commitment to these values and we aspire to ensure our national policies reflect these values.
As a tax-exempt organization, CAP Action is prohibited from supporting attempts to influence the outcome of any election for public office. Accordingly, with www.americanprogressaction.org, CAP Action seeks to provide a forum to discuss policy—not to advance the interests of any particular political party or candidate for office.
a. By posting or otherwise transmitting comments, pieces, ideas or other information in any form including visual or audio data (collectively, “Submissions”) to us, you grant to us and our designees a worldwide, non-exclusive, sublicenseable, assignable, royalty-free, perpetual, irrevocable right (including any moral rights) and license to use, reproduce, distribute, create derivative works based on, perform and display such Submissions (in whole or in part) in any media now known or hereafter developed, for any purpose whatsoever, without compensation to you or any other provider of the Submissions.
You acknowledge that to the extent that you include personally identifiable information in Submissions, we may republish such information as part of the content. If we republish your content, we may provide authorship credit by listing your name as well.
4. CAP Action’s Proprietary Rights and Re-Use Policy
You may copy, reprint, publish, reproduce, or otherwise display materials (excluding AP photos and cartoons) from CAP Action on the condition that you attribute those materials to CAP Action and provide a link to the website of CAP Action (www.americanprogressaction.org). Specifically, any article or materials that you reprint or otherwise reproduce must be displayed with its by-line, if applicable, under one of the following headings:
“This material [article] was first published by Center for American Progress Action Fund” (online)
“This material [article] was first published by Center for American Progress Action Fund (www.americanprogressaction.org)” (print)
The materials produced by or for CAP Action (including, but not limited to text, photographs, graphics, video and audio content) are protected by copyright as a collective work or compilation under the copyright laws of theUnited Statesand other countries. All individual articles, content and other elements comprising this compilation and produced by CAP Action are also copyrighted works. You must abide by all additional copyright notices or restrictions contained in any materials produced by CAP Action.
Limit on Use
Except as expressly permitted above, you may not copy, reproduce, distribute, publish, enter into a database, display, perform, modify, create derivative works, transmit, or in any way exploit any material produced by or for CAP Action.
Editorial Changes Not Permitted
You may not make any editorial changes to articles or materials without first receiving express permission from CAP Action editorial staff or the author, as applicable. This provision does not restrict excerpting portions of content in a manner that does not alter the editorial intent.
Revocation in Place of Breach
If any of the terms of this agreement are breached, CAP Action reserves the right to withdraw your license to republish our material. In this situation, you must take immediate steps to remove our material from all current and past communications.
6. Information Available on or Through Americanprogressaction.org. Much information made available on or through www.americanprogressaction.org is provided by third parties (such as news services) or bloggers (such information, “Third-Party Content”). The inclusion or appearance of Third-Party Content on www.americanprogressaction.org does not indicate any approval or endorsement by CAP Action of such Third-Party Content, or of any opinion, advice, or other information made or displayed on www.americanprogressaction.org by any user or other third party. CAP Action is not responsible for, and hereby disclaims any and all liability that may arise from Third-Party Content.
7. Links. Americanprogressaction.org provides links to other websites and resources. Because CAP Action has no control over such sites and resources, you acknowledge and agree that CAP Action does not endorse and is not responsible or liable for any content, advertising, products, or other materials on or available from such sites or resources, or for the availability of such external sites or resources. CAP Action is providing these links to you only as a convenience. CAP Action shall have the right, but not the obligation, at any time and in its sole discretion, to block links from or to www.americanprogressaction.org through technological or other means, without prior notice.
8. Claims of Copyright Infringement. The Digital Millennium Copyright Act of 1998 (the “DMCA”) provides recourse for copyright owners who believe that material appearing on the Internet infringes their rights underU.S. copyright law. If you believe in good faith that materials hosted by www.americanprogressaction.org infringe your copyright, you (or your agent) may send us a notice requesting that the material be removed, or access to it blocked. Notices and counter-notices must meet the then-current statutory requirements imposed by the DMCA; see http://www.loc.gov/copyright/ for details. Notices and counter-notices with respect to www.americanprogressaction.org should be sent to:
Center for American Progress Action Fund
1333 H Street, NW
By email: firstname.lastname@example.org
Please be aware that if you decide to disclose personally identifiable information on www.americanprogressaction.org, this information may become public. CAP Action does not control the acts of other visitors to www.americanprogressaction.org, so please be cautious when deciding to reveal personal information on www.americanprogressaction.org. If you believe a Blogger is improperly collecting or using information about you or other users, please contact us at email@example.com.
10. Access By Minors. Americanprogressaction.org is intended for visitors aged 18 and up. Pursuant to 47 U.S.C. Section 230(d), as amended, we hereby notify you that parental control protections (such as computer hardware, software or filtering services) are commercially available that may assist you in limiting access to material that is harmful to minors.
11. Jurisdictional Issues. Americanprogressaction.org is controlled and operated by CAP Action from its principal office in theDistrict of Columbia,U.S.A., and is not intended to subject CAP Action to the laws or jurisdiction of any other state, country or territory. Those who choose to access www.americanprogressaction.org do so on their own initiative and at their own risk, and are solely responsible for complying with all local laws, rules, and regulations.
13. Disclaimers. Americanprogressaction.org IS PROVIDED “AS IS” WITHOUT WARRANTIES OF ANY KIND, WHETHER EXPRESS, IMPLIED OR STATUTORY. YOU AGREE THAT YOU MUST EVALUATE AND BEAR ALL RISKS ASSOCIATED WITH THE USE OF americanprogressaction.ORG, AND ANY RELIANCE ON THE ACCURACY, COMPLETENESS, OR USEFULNESS THEREOF TO THE FULLEST EXTENT PERMISSIBLE UNDER APPLICABLE LAW, CAP ACTION DISCLAIMS ALL WARRANTIES WITH RESPECT TO americanprogressaction.ORG.
14. Limitation of Liability. NEITHER CAP ACTION NOR ANY OF OUR AFFILIATES, DIRECTORS, OFFICERS, EMPLOYEES OR CONSULTANTS ARE RESPONSIBLE OR LIABLE FOR ANY INDIRECT, INCIDENTAL, CONSEQUENTIAL, SPECIAL, EXEMPLARY, PUNITIVE OR OTHER DAMAGES UNDER ANY CONTRACT, NEGLIGENCE, STRICT LIABILITY OR OTHER THEORY ARISING OUT OF OR RELATING IN ANY WAY TO americanprogressaction.ORG AND/OR MATERIALS CONTAINED ON americanprogressaction.ORG, ANY LINKED SITE OR ANY CONTENT OR SERVICE AVAILABLE THROUGH americanprogressaction.ORG. YOUR SOLE REMEDY FOR DISSATISFACTION WITH BLOGS, CONTENT, SERVICES OR ANY LINKED SITE IS TO STOP YOUR USE OF IT.
Center for American Progress Action Fund
1333 H Street, NW
Washington DC 20005