In a laughably false op-ed in USA Today this morning, President Donald Trump attacked Medicare for All and baselessly attacked Democrats in a transparent appeal to his base.
Some quick lowlights:
- Trump claims that health care premiums are decreasing, but on average, they’re going up.
- He says he kept his campaign promise to protect pre-existing conditions coverage. That’s a giant lie.
- Another doozy: Trump says that Democrats “want open-borders socialism”—another “egregious and fear-mongering lie.”
If President Trump wants a health care fight heading into November, then he can have one. A Navigator Research poll released last month found that Democrats in Congress are more trusted to handle health care by 15 points versus Congressional Republicans.
The President and his cronies can spin it all they want, but the facts are clear: Republicans have ruthlessly attacked their constituents’ health care, jacked up premiums, and done their best to rip away protections for Americans with pre-existing conditions.
The public isn’t fooled, and people are ready to hold members of Congress accountable for the votes that continue to harm American families every day.
Gun violence is a public health crisis—one that has a devastating impact on young people in the United States.
- Young people account for nearly 50 percent of gun murder victims in this country.
- By 2020, another 21,851 young people will be killed by a gun.
- Of the 96 people killed with a gun every day in the U.S., 31 of them are under the age of 30.
It’s time to #Fight4AFuture without gun violence. Join CAP Action and Generation Progress Action to amplify the voices of young people working to stand up to the gun lobby and its Congressional puppets.
STOPPING THE TRUMPIFICATION OF THE COURTS.
If you need another reason to care about the Senate this November, here’s one: our courts are still at stake. The Kavanaugh fight may be over, but the fight for the judiciary is not.
Trump was stacking the federal bench with unfit nominees before the last Supreme Court vacancy, and he’s already continuing his Trumpification of the bench. Just today, Senate Judiciary Committee Chairman Chuck Grassley advanced the nomination of two circuit court judges, both of whom have alarming records.
As just a sample, Chad Readler was a lead defender of child separation at DOJ and signed a DOJ brief refusing to defend the Affordable Care Act, and Eric Murphy has deceptively defended defunding Planned Parenthood in court and argued against marriage equality in the Supreme Court.
Follow @WhyCourtsMatter to stay up to date with courts-related news and analysis.