Debate prep: We looked at two visions for America
Trump has tweeted 7,602 times since taking office. See for yourself what those tweets say about his vision for America:
- 542 mentioned his own name
- 453 ranted about “fake news”
- 353 included the word “Russia”
- 10 mention preexisting conditions or the middle class
- 1 mentioned climate change (to criticize taking action, of course)
- 0 mention the minimum wage
Instead of doing his job, instead of serving the American people, instead of protecting our democracy, Trump spends his days tweeting lies and racist attacks and making our country less safe. At tonight’s debate, we’ll hear from leaders seeking to bring American families together—not rip them apart.
Over the next two nights of Democratic primary debates, we’ll hear progressive visions for America and plans for addressing the issues most important to Americans: health care, wages, climate change, and more. Follow @CAPAction on Twitter for live coverage and analysis of the debates tonight and tomorrow at 8pm ET.