Michael Cohen is just the latest example. Currently under investigation:
- Trump’s university (settled)
Trump’s #CultureOfCorruption might finally be catching up with him:
Watch and share this video on Facebook and Twitter.
REVOKE HIS SECURITY CLEARANCE.
Jared Kushner should not have a security clearance. How do we know this? His father-in-law had to overrule the concerns of intelligence officials and attorneys in order to secure Kushner’s access.
The president and his daughter both lied and flatly denied it:
- Donald Trump, 2/1/19: “I was never involved with the security. I know that he — you know, just from reading — I know that there was issues back and forth about security for numerous people actually. But I don’t want to get involved in that stuff.”
- Ivanka Trump, 2/8/19: “The president had no involvement pertaining to my clearance or my husband’s clearance. Zero.”
- The New York Times, 2/28/19: “Trump Ordered Officials to Give Jared Kushner a Security Clearance”
Repeat: Jared Kushner should not have a security clearance, especially not a top-secret one. Why else would intelligence officials want to deny him a clearance in the first place?
He has countless foreign entanglements and conflicts of interest. Example: Just yesterday, Kushner had a friendly meeting with the Crown Prince of Saudi Arabia—the man who is strongly suspected to have ordered the ruthless murder of journalist Jamal Khashoggi.
Why would Kushner cozy up to a dictator? Maybe we should follow the money. Kushner has dubious financial ties to Saudi Arabia. After Kushner negotiated a 2017 arms deal between Saudi Arabia and the U.S., the Saudis “announced they would invest $20 billion in an infrastructure fund…[that] had financed several of the Kushner family’s deals.” Despite Kushner’s denials of any link between his family’s business and the Trump administration’s foreign policy, this is a case in point for why Kushner shouldn’t have any sort of high-level clearance—there are too many questions still unanswered.
Rep. Adam Schiff, Chairman of the House Intelligence Committee, is right: “It’s called clearance by nepotism and a serious abuse that endangers our security.”
OFF-KILTER: A SYLLABUS FOR IVANKA.
This week on Off-Kilter Podcast:
- Ivanka Trump says Americans “don’t want a guaranteed living wage.” The Off-Kilter team is here to give her a little crash course on wages.
- There were six minutes of the Cohen hearing that may mean we finally get to see Trump’s tax returns.
Listen to the new episode here.