The American public isn’t sold on Brett Kavanaugh—and for good reason.
41% of voters in a recent poll say the Senate should not confirm Trump’s extremist Supreme Court nominee to a lifetime seat, while just 40% say they should.
For context, an April 2017 poll found that voters supported the confirmation of Neil Gorsuch by a ratio of 50-35%.
Do you know what that means? This fight is winnable if we keep up the pressure.
If you care about:
- Environmental protections
…then it’s time to get involved.
On August 26, join people around the country and stand up to #UniteForJustice and #StopKavanaugh. There’s too much at stake to sit this one out.
Find an event near you here.
A new Quinnipiac poll shows that a majority of voters don’t trust that Trump has the best interests of the U.S. in mind after last week’s disastrous Helsinki summit.
- 54% of voters say Trump was not acting in the best interest of the U.S. in Helsinki.
- 68% of American voters are “very concerned” or “somewhat concerned” about Trump’s relationship with Russia.
- 73% of voters think the Helsinki summit was a success for Russia.
That’s a stunning 54% of American voters who don’t believe their president has their best interests in mind.
And it’s not just because of Trump’s Helsinki episode. A Navigator Research poll conducted from July 6 to July 9 shows that 56% of surveyed registered voters agreed that America’s foreign policy (read: Trump’s infantile global whims) doesn’t put America first.
TRUMP ADMIN STILL FAILING TO REUNITE FAMILIES
The Trump Administration was ordered to reunite all separated families by tomorrow, 7/26. Likelihood? Slim.
Remember that the administration already failed to meet another court-mandated deadline to reunite all children under the age of 5 with their families.
According to ThinkProgress:
- 45/103 children under the age of 5 still have not been reunited with their families.
- 1,539 minors aged 5-17 have yet to be reunited.
- The administration admitted on Monday that it may have deported 463 parents without their children aged 5 or older.
We (and the rest of the country) will be watching in hopes that this cruelty and inhumanity finally comes to an end. We’ll keep you updated in tomorrow’s Progress Report.