In Trump’s America, it often seems like the loudest voices are ones of hatred, racism, and corporate interests. Tomorrow, your voice and the voices of all Americans will be the loudest.
As one last reminder, as you’re talking to your friends, family, and neighbors, here’s a small sample of what’s at stake:
- If Republicans keep control of both chambers of Congress, they will vote to rip health care away from millions of Americans, including those with pre-existing conditions.
- They will cut your Medicare, Medicaid, and Social Security to pay for their $2 trillion tax cut for the wealthy (and themselves).
- Want to avoid ever having to witness another credibly accused sexual predator be confirmed to the Supreme Court? Make your voice heard tomorrow to stop the next Brett Kavanaugh.
- If Republicans keep control of Congress, get ready for two more years of the unchecked #CultureOfCorruption.
- If you care about humane treatment of immigrants, support for sexual assault survivors and LGBTQ Americans, a halt to the alarming spread of white supremacy in this country, and so much more, raise your voice.
As former President Barack Obama said today, “the character of the country is on the ballot.”
The country has endured nearly two years of the corruption of President Trump and his cronies in Congress, but our voices will be heard.
Follow @CAPAction tomorrow for live election analysis.