New numbers are in, and the GOP dream continues to be realized: Corporate profits skyrocketed again, while wages remained flat.
Starting in January, House Democrats will start working to stem the Republican corruption that is making the problem worse and move toward an economy that works for everyone, not just the wealthy and big corporations.
BIGGEST PROOF YET OF COLLUSION AND OBSTRUCTION.
Between the actions of former Trump campaign adviser Roger Stone and former campaign chairman Paul Manafort, Special Counsel Robert Mueller has the biggest proof yet of collusion and obstruction of justice.
The case for collusion: Roger Stone
- Mueller allegedly has evidence that Roger Stone directed his associate, Jerome Corsi, to communicate with WikiLeaks about the hacked Clinton campaign emails prior to their release, then funnel the information back to Stone and on to the Trump campaign.
- The stolen emails were hacked by Russia in the first place.
- The kicker? The Trump campaign knew.
The case for obstruction: Paul Manafort
- Manafort allegedly lied to federal investigators after pleading guilty and signing a plea deal to cooperate.
- We’ll know soon; Trump’s attorneys just submitted the president’s written responses to the Mueller probe. We wouldn’t be surprised if his story aligns nicely with Manafort’s.
The walls are closing in on Trump and Russia, and it’s no surprise that Trump is ramping up his attacks on the special counsel. Senate Majority Leader Mitch McConnell won’t allow a vote on legislation to protect Mueller. Every day it’s more clear that Congress must refuse to vote for any continuing resolution that doesn’t include #ProtectMueller legislation.
Check out a new explainer from The Moscow Project on Mueller’s search for (and identification of) collusion.