In House Budget Committee Chairman Paul Ryan’s (R-WI) video promoting his 2012 budget he says his plan is a "path to prosperity." But instead, Rep. Ryan’s plan is nothing more than a giveaway to the prosperous, paid for by the middle class. The Center for American Action Plan examines why the Ryan plan is bad for America.
See also from CAP:
- The 6 Key Failures of the House Republican Budget Plan by Michael Linden
- New Ryan Plan Is Austerity on Steroids by Heather Boushey
- Latest House Republican Budget Threatens Medicare and Shreds the Safety Net by Topher Spiro
- New Ryan Plan Would Harm Our Most Vulnerable Citizens by Melissa Boteach and Katie Wright (CAPAF)
- New Ryan Budget Disinvests in America by Adam Hersh and Sarah Ayres
- Shortsighted Education Cuts in New Ryan Budget a Giant Step Backward by Diana Epstein
- Ryan’s Secret Plan to Shift the Tax Burden Onto the Middle Class by Seth Hanlon
The positions of American Progress, and our policy experts, are independent, and the findings and conclusions presented are those of American Progress alone. A full list of supporters is available here. American Progress would like to acknowledge the many generous supporters who make our work possible.
President & CEO of the Center for American Progress Action Fund, Counselor to the Center for American Progress