PRESS CALL TODAY: Granholm and Perriello to Discuss the Real Impact of Romney’s Economic Plan
Washington, D.C. — Ahead of Republican presidential nominee and former Massachusetts Gov. Mitt Romney’s speech today on the American economy, former Gov. Jennifer Granholm will join experts from the Center for American Progress Action Fund to discuss the real impact of Gov. Romney’s economic plan. Specifically, they will discuss a recent CAP Action paper, “Romney Has No Real Jobs Plan” and how Gov. Romney’s economic plan simply doesn’t add up.
CAP Action’s analysis of Romney’s economic proposals found that far from creating 12 million jobs, they would actually kill at least 360,000 jobs in 2013 alone. Other independent analyses have also found Gov. Romney’s jobs claims to be highly questionable.
- Gov. Jennifer Granholm, former Governor of Michigan
- Tom Perriello, President and Chief Executive Officer, Center for American Progress Action Fund
- Heather Boushey, Senior Economist, Center for American Progress Action Fund
TODAY, October 26, 2012
12:00 p.m. EDT
For more information or to RSVP, please contact Katie Peters at firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Mitt Romney Has No Real Jobs Plan by Heather Boushey and Adam Hersh
- VIDEO: Where Did the Debt Come From? by Michael Linden (CAP)