PRESS CALL TODAY: Martha Coakley, Jonathan Gruber to Discuss How Romneycare Was Implemented in Massachusetts, Became a Model for Obamacare
Washington, D.C. — Following the Supreme Court’s ruling yesterday that Obamacare is constitutional, Massachusetts Attorney General Martha Coakley and MIT Economist Jonathan Gruber will today join CAP Action Senior VP Tara McGuinness to discuss how Romneycare was implemented in Massachusetts and became a model for the Affordable Care Act—as Justice Ruth Bader Ginsburg noted in her opinion joined by Justices Stephen Breyer, Elena Kagan, and Sonia Sotomayor.
Specifically, these experts will discuss how Massachusetts achieved almost universal coverage through both incentives and a penalty for those who fail to purchase health insurance.
- Martha Coakley, Massachusetts Attorney General
- Dr. Jonathan Gruber, Professor of Economics at the Massachusetts Institute of Technology
- Tara McGuinness, Senior VP for the Center for American Progress Action Fund
TODAY – Friday, June 29 at 1:00 p.m.
DIAL IN INFORMATION:
Conference ID # 97162043
TO RSVP, please email Katie at KPeters1@americanprogressaction.org
- Why the Individual Mandate is Not a ‘Massive Tax Hike’ on the Middle Class (ThinkProgress)
- Taxes are the New Death Panels: Exposing the Latest Lie About Obamacare (ThinkProgress)
**Please note this call will be recorded. By participating in the call, you consent to being recorded.**