Washington, DC – Today, the Center for American Progress Action Fund released a Congressional message and research toolkit that outlines advice on winning economic messages, traps to avoid, and key arguments to advance the tax debate.
With 46 days left before elections, a majority of the country thinks we are on the wrong track, and the unemployment rate is still at 9.6 percent. The challenges for Democrats to communicate their policies are daunting.
Despite the grim national outlook, new CAP Action Fund and Democracy Corps research shows there are winning messages that candidates can use to break through in this tough economic environment and beat back Republican attacks.
The current debate provides a potent entry point for Democrats to connect with voters on the economy, drive home core Democratic messages, and remind voters of their lingering doubts and about Republicans and who they stand for.
The toolkit includes:
- Analysis of new CAP Action Fund and Democracy Corps research on the economy
- Highlights from focus group participants expressing concern that the GOP “is not for the middle class”
- Fact-check on GOP tax attacks
- Arguments breaking down the two sides of the tax debate
- Aggregation of public polls showing everyone (even 44% of Republicans) has concerns about extending tax cuts to the top 2%
For complete toolkit and memo, click here.