Washington, D.C. — As House Republicans roll out their “Commitment to America” policy agenda in the run up to the midterms, a new article by the Center for American Progress Action Fund breaks down what the impact of House Minority Leader Kevin McCarthy (R-CA) and MAGA Republicans’ extremist agenda would mean for the American people. On top of their assault on Americans’ rights, their plan would strip millions from accessing Social Security, Medicare, and other benefits while giving more in tax breaks to the wealthy.
Minority Leader McCarthy and MAGA Republicans’ extremist agenda is out of touch, harms everyday Americans, and only benefits the wealthy. Here’s a snapshot of what the MAGA agenda could mean for Americans:
- Nearly 70 million older or disabled Americans could lose the certainty of a monthly Social Security check they spent their careers paying into.
- Some 58.6 million Medicare beneficiaries could lose the assurance of affordable health care.
- Approximately 64 million women and girls in the United States between the ages of 15 and 44 would lose their right to an abortion under a nationwide abortion ban.
- Families could lose more than $1,000 in savings per year with repealed clean energy and electric vehicle tax credits.
- Some 3.3 million Medicare beneficiaries could pay more than $35 per month for insulin, missing out on more than $500 in annual insulin savings.
- If the Affordable Care Act is reversed, 35 million people could lose affordable, comprehensive health care coverage.
“The united McCarthy and MAGA Republican agenda is further proof that they care more about an extreme minority than delivering popular results for the American people. Their ‘Commitment to America’ is a commitment to MAGA extremism,” said Ryan Koronowski, director of special research projects and co-author of the article. “MAGA Republicans’ policy plan is a threat to Americans’ financial security, the right for women to make choices about their bodies, and millions of Americans’ access to affordable health care. Let’s be clear: The MAGA agenda only benefits the rich and powerful and leaves the American people out in the cold.”
Read the article: “What House Minority Leader Kevin McCarthy’s Commitment to MAGA Extremism Will Mean for Americans” by Ryan Koronowski and Will Ragland
For more information or to speak with an expert, please contact Colin Seeberger at email@example.com.