American Progress has an immediate opening for a Digital Coordinator with CAP Action Fund. The Digital Coordinator will manage and implement digital communications efforts, including CAP Action’s daily email newsletter and social media assets. This position calls for a highly organized, detail-oriented, and responsible individual with very strong writing skills on whom the staff can rely to work independently and to quickly produce high-quality digital content. The right candidate will demonstrate an ability to multitask; set priorities in a fast-paced environment; and have creative ideas for the digital space, as well as political acumen and sensitivity to policy issues. Applicants must have excellent communication and organizational skills; pay careful attention to deadlines and follow-up communications; and stay attuned to current events. Strong verbal and written communication skills, as well as the ability to interact well with high-level communications and policy professionals, are important.
- Develop and deploy digital content through social media and email.
- Manage CAP Action’s social media presence.
- Author “The Progress Report,” CAP Action’s daily email newsletter.
- Work with the Creative Director to create a long-term digital strategy that proactively generates leads, list acquisition, and opportunities to engage online communities.
- Report and analyze social media and email analytics, measuring return on investment.
- Monitor and evaluate the effectiveness of the organization’s digital efforts.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
Requirements and qualifications:
- Bachelor’s degree.
- Two or more years of online campaigns and digital marketing experience, including a background in paid online advertising and list building; a background in nonprofit digital marketing is preferred.
- Strong writing, editing, and proofreading skills.
- Experience growing audiences across social media platforms.
- Solid understanding of progressive values and politics and how they intersect with the news.
- Detail oriented, with the ability to juggle multiple projects with different deadlines in a given day.
- Flexibility to work in a highly creative and multifaceted environment.
- Sound editorial and ethical judgment.
This position is part of a bargaining unit represented by IFPTE Local 70.
Please follow the link below to the online application. When completing the application, be sure to combine your cover letter and resume/CV into one Word or PDF file and upload this combined document. The system does not allow for multiple files.
This announcement will remain posted until the position is filled. No phone calls, please.
Please note that only those individuals whose qualifications match the current needs of this position will be considered applicants and will receive responses from American Progress.
Thank you for your interest in American Progress.
American Progress operates two separate nonprofit organizations to maximize the progressive agenda: the Center for American Progress and the Center for American Progress Action Fund. This job posting refers collectively to the two organizations under the name “American Progress.” The Center for American Progress is a nonpartisan 501(c)(3) tax-exempt research and educational institute. It undertakes research, public education and a limited amount of lobbying. The Center for American Progress Action Fund is a nonpartisan 501(c)(4) tax-exempt organization dedicated to achieving progress through action. It works to transform progressive ideas into policy through rapid-response communications, legislative action, grassroots organizing, political advocacy, and partnerships with other progressive leaders. The organizations share office space and employees.
For more information on the Center for American Progress, please go to www.americanprogress.org. For more information on the Center for American Progress Action Fund, please go to www.americanprogressaction.org.