American Progress has an immediate opening for an Executive Assistant to the President of the Center for American Progress Action Fund. This position is ideal for an entrepreneurial, well-organized, and detail-oriented professional who has a keen interest in national politics and a commitment to advancing a progressive policy agenda.
The Executive Assistant serves as the primary assistant to the President in managing their schedule, travel, speaking engagements, and administrative needs. In addition, the Executive Assistant will help with donor relations, communications with the board of directors, and additional writing and research as needed. The Executive Assistant will also work with the CAP Action team by collaborating with campaign, research, storytelling, digital, and communications efforts; coordinating with other policy, communications, and executive teams at American Progress; managing contracts and reimbursements; and assisting with logistics for meetings and events.
This is an excellent opportunity for someone interested in having a front-row seat to the issues of the day at an exciting and dynamic organization engaging in advocacy campaigns, policy debates, and elections.
- Schedule appointments, interviews, meetings, travel, and conferences for the President, as well as coordinate team meetings for CAP Action and the War Room team.
- Manage expenses and reimbursements for the President.
- Manage timesheets for the President.
- Help draft memos and materials for grant reports and CAP Action board updates.
- Serve as the primary point of contact for the CAP Action team for internal and external communications in a professional and responsive manner.
- Produce and maintain notes, briefing materials, calendars, and databases as needed.
- Create, organize, and maintain accurate written and electronic files for metrics, grant reporting, and other uses.
- Handle confidential and nonroutine information and matters.
- Manage CAP Action invoices, contracts, and other administrative forms.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
Requirements and qualifications:
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent experience.
- At least one to two years of prior work experience; previous experience in a scheduling or executive assistant role is preferred.
- Incredible attention to detail.
- Strong written and verbal communication skills.
- Ability to be a self-starter who takes initiative and can work autonomously but knows when to ask for guidance.
- Excellent interpersonal skills and the ability to remain calm under pressure.
- Ability to plan ahead, set priorities, and organize.
- Comfort with Microsoft Word, Excel, and Outlook.
Please follow the link below to the online application. When completing the application, be sure to combine your cover letter and resume/CV into one Word or PDF file and upload this combined document. The system does not allow for multiple files.
This announcement will remain posted until the position is filled. No phone calls, please.
Please note that only those individuals whose qualifications match the current needs of this position will be considered applicants and will receive responses from American Progress.
Thank you for your interest in American Progress.
American Progress operates two separate nonprofit organizations to maximize the progressive agenda: the Center for American Progress and the Center for American Progress Action Fund. This job posting refers collectively to the two organizations under the name “American Progress.” The Center for American Progress is a nonpartisan 501(c)(3) tax-exempt research and educational institute. It undertakes research, public education and a limited amount of lobbying. The Center for American Progress Action Fund is a nonpartisan 501(c)(4) tax-exempt organization dedicated to achieving progress through action. It works to transform progressive ideas into policy through rapid-response communications, legislative action, grassroots organizing, political advocacy, and partnerships with other progressive leaders. The organizations share office space and employees.
For more information on the Center for American Progress, please go to www.americanprogress.org. For more information on the Center for American Progress Action Fund, please go to www.americanprogressaction.org.