The Center for American Progress Action Fund’s Climate War Room has an immediate opening for a Digital Organizing Manager or Senior Digital Organizing Manager to work with the Director of Digital Organizing to execute the Climate War Room’s email and SMS strategies. The 2020 presidential election will be a defining moment in the nation’s ability to address the climate crisis. It is critical that the next president and Congress emerge from the election emboldened to act on climate change.
The Climate War Room will engage in the presidential election using research, earned media, and digital content to spur a national conversation on climate. The team will elevate the threat of climate change and shape the conversation on solutions; put the Trump administration on the defensive for its extreme positions; and rebut attacks from the fossil fuel industry and their allies. It will also ensure that nominees lean into this issue and lay the groundwork for legislative success in 2021 and beyond.
The Climate War Room is an independent project of the Center for American Progress Action Fund, League of Conservation Voters, and Sierra Club—three organizations committed to making the urgency of climate change and the Trump administration’s opposition to action critical to the 2020 political conversation. This is a limited-term position that is funded through December 1, 2020.
- Program management: Manage email and SMS strategies and execution for the Climate War Room’s initiative Climate Power 2020, including content planning; audience segmentation and testing; email coding and setup; SMS flows; and building landing pages as needed.
- Planning: Work with the Climate War Room’s Digital Organizing Director to quickly scale and execute a digital organizing program that reaches target audiences and achieves the Climate War Room’s goals.
- List growth: Help develop and implement email and SMS growth and engagement strategies for both planned campaigns and rapid-response moments.
- Analytics: Track email performance, produce analytics reports, and establish testing strategies in order to optimize the Climate War Room’s content.
- Content creation: Draft copy and work directly with other teams to produce graphics and video content for distribution across organizing channels.
Requirements and qualifications:
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent work experience.
- At least three to five years of professional experience in email marketing or digital communications, ideally at a nonprofit, public policy, or political organization.
- Sharp writer with strong proofreading skills and sound editorial and ethical judgment.
- Familiarity with EveryAction, Blue State Digital, Mailchimp, Constant Contact, and/or other email marketing platforms.
- Familiarity with Mobile Commons, Phone2Action, and/or other SMS marketing platforms.
- Knowledge of email and SMS best practices.
- Familiarity with WordPress and/or similar content management systems.
- Versed in email and/or SMS and website metrics reporting, with experience tracking and using metrics to inform strategy.
- Detail oriented with an ability to juggle multiple projects for different stakeholders, often in rapid-response or high-pressure situations.
- A solid understanding of progressive values and policies and how they intersect with the news.
- Creative with a commitment to innovation and experimentation.
- Open to developing new skills as needed.
- A positive team player with a passion for progressive change.
This position is part of a bargaining unit represented by IFPTE Local 70. This position offers a full and competitive benefits package. Candidates from diverse backgrounds are strongly encouraged to apply. The salary for the Digital Organizing Manager position starts at $56,000; the salary for the Senior Digital Organizing Manager starts at $62,000.
Please follow the link below to the online application. When completing the application, be sure to combine your cover letter and resume/CV into one Word or PDF file and upload this combined document. The system does not allow for multiple files.
This announcement will remain posted until the position is filled. No phone calls, please.
Please note that only those individuals whose qualifications match the current needs of this position will be considered applicants and will receive responses from American Progress.
Thank you for your interest in American Progress.
American Progress operates two separate nonprofit organizations to maximize the progressive agenda: the Center for American Progress and the Center for American Progress Action Fund. This job posting refers collectively to the two organizations under the name “American Progress.” The Center for American Progress is a nonpartisan 501(c)(3) tax-exempt research and educational institute. It undertakes research, public education and a limited amount of lobbying. The Center for American Progress Action Fund is a nonpartisan 501(c)(4) tax-exempt organization dedicated to achieving progress through action. It works to transform progressive ideas into policy through rapid-response communications, legislative action, grassroots organizing, political advocacy, and partnerships with other progressive leaders. The organizations share office space and employees.
For more information on the Center for American Progress, please go to www.americanprogress.org. For more information on the Center for American Progress Action Fund, please go to www.americanprogressaction.org.