American Progress has an immediate opening for an IT Manager. This position will oversee the day-to-day tasks of the five members of the Desktop Support and Operations teams, supporting American Progress’ technology infrastructure and day-to-day customer support and service. The IT Manager will interact with internal clients at all levels to help resolve IT-related issues and supply services and solutions in a manner that meets the department’s service-level agreements. The IT Manager will report to and work directly with the Director of Technology and Security to identify and implement improvements in all areas of responsibility.
This is a technical manager role; qualified individuals should have hands-on experience with and a solid understanding of advanced network concepts, Windows Server environments (2012 and later), Microsoft Office 365 and Azure, Amazon Web Services, and other cloud-based technologies.
- Assure users are provided with efficient and prompt support, which requires helping with any task assigned to the Desktop Support and Operations teams.
- Coordinate staff scheduling to ensure support coverage during normal business hours and after-hours on-call support as needed.
- Manage the performance—including evaluations, promotions, hiring, and disciplinary responsibilities—of the Desktop Support and Operations teams.
- Solve problems and make daily decisions related to the Desktop Support and Operations teams’ responsibilities.
- Contribute actively and creatively to the growth and advancement of the team.
- Manage multiple projects to ensure that deliverables and milestones are reached by the team.
- Use metrics, analysis, and report generation to manage the team.
- Develop and document new and existing procedures or processes that will result in improvements and document existing procedures.
- Ensure adherence to all information technology processes and policies.
- Perform other duties and responsibilities as assigned.
Requirements and qualifications:
- Experience supporting users of Windows and Mac computers in a Windows network infrastructure for a medium-sized corporate environment.
- Knowledge of IT management and monitoring solutions such as Kaseya, Intune, or similar tools.
- You must enjoy working with others and collaborating with various stakeholders.
- At least one year of management experience in a technology customer support or customer service environment.
- Confident and professional manner when dealing with peers and organizational personnel at all levels.
- The ability to effectively communicate complex topics and procedures with team members and all other organizational personnel.
- Attention to detail, organizational skills, time management, and focus.
- Strong time management and prioritization skills when faced with multiple projects; formal project management knowledge or certification is a plus.
- The ability to work independently and with minimal direct supervision.
- Proven knowledge and expertise in administering mission-critical systems in a production environment.
- Commitment to American Progress’ mission and goals.
American Progress offers full and competitive benefits packages. Candidates from diverse backgrounds are strongly encouraged to apply.
Please follow the link below to the online application. When completing the application, be sure to combine your cover letter and resume/CV into one Word or PDF file and upload this combined document. The system does not allow for multiple files.
This announcement will remain posted until the position is filled. No phone calls, please.
Please note that only those individuals whose qualifications match the current needs of this position will be considered applicants and will receive responses from American Progress.
Thank you for your interest in American Progress.
American Progress operates two separate nonprofit organizations to maximize the progressive agenda: the Center for American Progress and the Center for American Progress Action Fund. This job posting refers collectively to the two organizations under the name “American Progress.” The Center for American Progress is a nonpartisan 501(c)(3) tax-exempt research and educational institute. It undertakes research, public education and a limited amount of lobbying. The Center for American Progress Action Fund is a nonpartisan 501(c)(4) tax-exempt organization dedicated to achieving progress through action. It works to transform progressive ideas into policy through rapid-response communications, legislative action, grassroots organizing, political advocacy, and partnerships with other progressive leaders. The organizations share office space and employees.
For more information on the Center for American Progress, please go to www.americanprogress.org. For more information on the Center for American Progress Action Fund, please go to www.americanprogressaction.org.