With Americans facing an increasing onslaught of news and media content, it has never been more important to amplify progressive policies and build up the necessary communications infrastructure to break through the noise and reach key audiences—and CAP Action is committed to leading the way.
American Progress has an immediate opening for a Partnerships Manager to join the CAP Action War Room’s amplification and distribution efforts to build the case for progressive policies and values.
A strong candidate for this role will work as part of a team that builds relationships across the progressive media landscape in order to promote messaging and content and ultimately improve the performance of progressives online and help to close the engagement gap on progressive content. The Partnerships Manager’s responsibilities include managing relationships with other progressive operatives and organizations, distributing digital content, and identifying opportunities for collaboration and engagement.
- Help identify, track, cultivate, and strengthen CAP Action’s external relationships with digital leads across the progressive landscape.
- Identify opportunities for collaboration and/or engagement between the War Room and CAP Action partners, including pitching content for promotion on social media, video collaborations, messaging strategy, and more.
- Manage a robust online community of nearly 100 progressive partners.
- Work one-on-one with partners to ensure they have the right, timely, on-message content to represent their positions and voice.
- Share feedback from and among partners on content performance, effective tactics, and emerging needs.
- Plan and execute events and trainings for partners.
- Monitor progress toward goals, as well as track and report out on metrics and progress.
- Stay up to date on the latest trends and best practices for digital content distribution.
- Other duties as assigned.
Requirements and qualifications:
- At least three to five years of professional experience in political organizing, community organizing, or social media.
- Strong relationships within the progressive movement are a plus.
- Expert networking skills.
- Proactive and a self-starter.
- Political experience on a campaign or with an advocacy group or nonprofit is a plus.
- Solid understanding of progressive values and policies and how they intersect with the news.
- Detail-oriented with the ability to juggle multiple projects for different stakeholders, often in rapid-response or high-pressure situations.
- Creative and committed to innovation and experimentation.
- Open to developing new skills as needed.
- A positive team player with a passion for progressive change.
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent work experience.
American Progress offers full and competitive benefits packages. Candidates from diverse backgrounds are strongly encouraged to apply. This position has a starting salary of $60,000.
Please follow the link below to the online application. When completing the application, be sure to combine your cover letter and resume/CV into one Word or PDF file and upload this combined document. The system does not allow for multiple files.
This announcement will remain posted until the position is filled. No phone calls, please.
Please note that only those individuals whose qualifications match the current needs of this position will be considered applicants and will receive responses from American Progress.
Thank you for your interest in American Progress.
American Progress operates two separate nonprofit organizations to maximize the progressive agenda: the Center for American Progress and the Center for American Progress Action Fund. This job posting refers collectively to the two organizations under the name “American Progress.” The Center for American Progress is a nonpartisan 501(c)(3) tax-exempt research and educational institute. It undertakes research, public education and a limited amount of lobbying. The Center for American Progress Action Fund is a nonpartisan 501(c)(4) tax-exempt organization dedicated to achieving progress through action. It works to transform progressive ideas into policy through rapid-response communications, legislative action, grassroots organizing, political advocacy, and partnerships with other progressive leaders. The organizations share office space and employees.
For more information on the Center for American Progress, please go to www.americanprogress.org. For more information on the Center for American Progress Action Fund, please go to www.americanprogressaction.org.