Associate Director of Creator Partnerships, Advocacy
Director of Partnerships
Staff reporting to this position:
Advocacy and Outreach
Exempt, full time; Nonunion - Level 6
Hybrid (on-site two days per week, Washington, D.C., office)
American Progress has an immediate opening for an Associate Director of Creator Partnerships to support the Digital Advocacy team’s coordination and amplification efforts to build the case for progressive policies and values.
With Americans facing an increasing volume of news and media content, it has never been more important to amplify progressive policies and build the unique communications infrastructure necessary to break through the noise and reach key audiences—and American Progress is committed to leading the way.
A strong candidate for this role will work as part of a team that builds relationships across the progressive landscape, working in coalition with partners to improve the performance and reach of progressive policy content online. They will have a keen understanding of how content gets disseminated across digital platforms, strong relationships throughout the progressive movement, and an interest and/or background in utilizing content creators to advance a mission.
The Associate Director of Creator Partnerships’ responsibilities include managing relationships with other progressive strategists, organizations, and content creators; identifying and developing opportunities for collaboration and engagement with content creators; and supporting the development and execution of the Strategic Partnerships team’s overarching strategy.
The Associate Director will be part of a dynamic department that supports work across American Progress’ five crosscutting priorities:
- Building an economy for all
- Restoring social trust in democracy
- Advancing racial equity and justice
- Tackling climate change and environmental injustice
- Strengthening health
This is a full-time position funded for one year, with opportunities for extensions.
- Manage day-to-day execution of the Digital Advocacy team’s coordination efforts with content creators and strategists, including overseeing a coalition table of operatives.
- Work closely with the Director of Partnerships to develop and execute strategies for the Digital Advocacy team’s creator program; develop specific, measurable goals for those areas of work; and report out on metrics and progress.
- Collaborate with the Director of Partnerships to develop and execute plans for identifying, tracking, cultivating, and strengthening American Progress’ external relationships with content creators and strategists.
- Work alongside the broader Strategic Partnerships team to build a list of shared resources optimized for partner use—including but not limited to analytics insights, messaging guidance, and program readouts.
- Work in partnership with the Content Strategy team to help facilitate a content-testing program that generates optimization insights for sharing with creators and strategists.
- Research and stay up to date on the latest trends and best practices for digital content creation, distribution, and creator programming.
- Oversee planning and execution of meetings, events, and trainings for partners.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
Requirements and qualifications:
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent work experience.
- At least six years of relevant experience, including at least four years of professional experience in political advocacy, project management, community organizing, content strategy, and/or social media.
- Strong relationships with digital and communications operatives throughout the progressive movement and/or content creators.
- Extensive project management experience; proven ability to juggle multiple projects for different stakeholders while maintaining a high attention to detail.
- Excellent communication skills; ability to interact seamlessly with internal stakeholders and colleagues, as well as external partners.
- Strong organizational, leadership, and decision-making abilities; a high level of competency in a supervisory role, where applicable.
- Proactive and a self-starter; ability to work both independently and collaboratively.
- Strong understanding of progressive policies and the broader progressive community of organizations, elected officials, strategists, and creators.
- Positive team player with a passion for and commitment to the values and ideals advanced by American Progress.
American Progress offers a full and competitive benefits package. Candidates from diverse backgrounds are strongly encouraged to apply. This position is not represented by a union and has a minimum salary of $77,000.
American Progress’ hybrid work policy is posted on our Jobs page. Please visit this page for updates. Any changes to this policy will also be communicated at the time of hire.
This announcement will remain posted until the position is filled. No phone calls, please.
Please note that only those individuals whose qualifications match the current needs of this position will be considered applicants and will receive responses from American Progress.
Thank you for your interest in American Progress.
American Progress operates two separate nonprofit organizations to maximize the progressive agenda: the Center for American Progress and the Center for American Progress Action Fund. This job posting refers collectively to the two organizations under the name “American Progress.” The Center for American Progress is a nonpartisan 501(c)(3) tax-exempt research and educational institute. It undertakes research, public education and a limited amount of lobbying. The Center for American Progress Action Fund is a nonpartisan 501(c)(4) tax-exempt organization dedicated to achieving progress through action. It works to transform progressive ideas into policy through rapid-response communications, legislative action, grassroots organizing, political advocacy, and partnerships with other progressive leaders. The organizations share office space and employees.
American Progress is dedicated to promoting diversity, equity, and inclusion. Diversity is more than a commitment at American Progress—it is the foundation of what we do. American Progress recruits, employs, trains, compensates, and promotes regardless of race, religion, sex, national origin, ethnicity, age, disability, political affiliation, sexual orientation, gender identity, color, marital status, veteran status, medical condition, and all the other characteristics that make us unique.
For more information on the Center for American Progress, please go to www.americanprogress.org. For more information on the Center for American Progress Action Fund, please go to www.americanprogressaction.org.